Handrails or as they are called, props are used in toilets and bathrooms. The installation is performed in: hospitals, sanatoriums, rehabilitation centers, hotels, apartments and houses. They help elderly people, after injuries and operations, in violation of the musculoskeletal system without assistance. In this article we will talk about what are the handrails for bathrooms and what are their features?
Handrails are installed because they provide:
- Support and support when standing, walking and sitting
- Easy care
- Help to shower without assistance
Support for people with disabilities come in different configurations, they can be divided into several types:
- Direct – belong to the safest types of handrails, since they are immobile. Come in lengths from 20-60cm and diameter of the pipe 19, 25, 32mm. They are mounted only on the wall. They are mounted and in shower areas, near the toilets and wash basins. These models are the most versatile.
- Angular – the name speaks for itself, these handrails are only installed on the corner of two walls. They can be both internal and external. Such structures provide excellent support, as have the angle of 90°.
- Flip – the title is clear that it is movable structures. They can be installed both on the wall and on the floor. The handrails have built-in reclining mechanism that allows you to transfer them from a horizontal to a vertical position. Additionally they can be equipped with holder for paper. Such designs take up little space due to the folding mechanism.
- L-shaped and L-shaped – in the name already incorporated a form of handrails. L-shaped model is attached in two places to wall and floor, they are a great support, does not occupy much space. Often they are placed near the toilet. L-shaped handrails are mounted on the wall in the shower area, they serve as a basis for acceptance of water procedures.
- Under the sink – rail configuration similar to the "support" around the sink. They are fixed to the wall and the floor. Their dimensions are quite large, which makes the installation in the bathrooms of a small size. And also before buying you need be sure to measure the dimensions of the sink.
All models wall type definitely fixed to the supporting wall, to avoid injury during operation. If this is not possible, it is better to give preference to floor models or strengthen the wall.
The railings, which we offer, is made of stainless steel, which testifies to their strength and durability. These models can withstand loads up to 120 kg, and also have all the permits.
To help you select and additional advice please call: